Right Away (by 9pm Today)
- Make sure you have an account on our server.
- Make sure that you are registered for both a lecture section and lab section. This course has two lecture meetings each week and one lab meeting. Instructor permission is required to add or change your lecture or lab section.
- Send a brief email to your lecturer and lab instructor introducing yourself. Let us know what name we should call you (with pronunciation hints, where helpful), what pronouns you prefer, where you're from, and what your interests are. Actually, we'll send out a Google form to everyone; look for it!
- Read the course information and the project description.
You can follow this link to request an account.
- Go to the first lab. We'll start building web pages from the very first day, so even if your schedule is hectic and your first-choice of lab section is too crowded, go anyway.
- Read the HTML lecture notes before lab, so that you can benefit more from attending lab.
- Find a partner for the course term project. Someone in your same lab section makes scheduling the presentation easier, but it's not required.
- Choose a project for the term project. Possibly find a client for it. (You can find your project and partner in either order.)